The State of Michigan has 123 lighthouses. Michigan, with a shoreline of 2,200 miles -- not counting 1,000 shoreline miles of islands -- has more lighthouses than any state. However about 40 are showing age, and are in need of preservation. There are about 850 lighthouses are the U.S. And I would imagine that many of them are also in need of preservation. Of those 850, you can see 250 of those lighthouses surrounding the Great Lakes.
If you are concerned about lighthouses, you can contact the Preservation Society, call 1-906-297-8888. For information on the Crisp Point Light Historical Society, write P.O. Box 229,
Paradise, Mich., 49768.
- Pictures of Old Mackinac Light House:
- Door County Maritime Museum:
- BoatNerds Lighthouse Page:
- Visit My Michigan Lighthouse Page:
- Australia's Lighthouses:
- Cool Lighthouse Links:
- LIGHTHOUSES, LIGHTSHIPS, LIFESAVING: Jr Walker
- Lighthouses - Poetry and History: Saybrook Breakwater.
- Leslie's Lighthouses:
- VISIT THE MENDOTA LIGHTHOUSE PAGE:
- Open Lighthouses of Upper Michigan:
- Point aux Barques Lighthouse.
Pictures of Michigan Lighthouses below:
Located at Eagle Harbor, MI
Located at Copper Harbor, MI
Can be found in Grand Marais, Michigan
You can click here to return to my Main page. Yep, click Here to Return
Hey you yahoo, do ya want to return to YAHOO!