Current news on
To be released around
April 29th (final date!)
C o n f i r m e d N E W S o
n X v T!
- System Requirements = P75 or 486DX100 Minimum
- XvT will support head-to-head modem play.
- XvT will support IPX (up to 8 players) and TCP/IP (up to 4 players).
- All missions will be playable with just one player
- Speed will now dictate agility
- Lasers and explosions cast light accordingly
- 3D rendered SVGA polygon combat engine Mission Editor and Builder included
- The TIE Defender and Missile Boat will NOT be included
- Each game [you buy] supports two players
- Asteroids and Space Junk included.
- Multiple HUD display options!
- Accurate HUD readings during open cockpit flight!
- TIE Threat display on Rebel fighters as well!
- New Threat display. Rectangle, oval, triangle, and circle shapes!
- Messages displayed on HUD!
- Torpedo supply displayed just underneath cross-hairs!
- Information on what selected target is doing displayed on HUD!
- Shield, hull, and systems percentage displayed on HUD ( a la TIE Fighter
- Asteroids and Space junk displayed on front and back sensors.
- Hangar bays that player can fly into!
- Yellow box outlines target for easy tracking!
- Goals are displayed on HUD, apparently anchored to target selection.
Until then, we might as well
enjoy the graphic thrill ...
Of course, a few screenshots are also needed,
so here goes (I will put up some thumbnails in the near future):
Watch your six! (14k)
Kickin' Imperial butt.
Also, check out this very beautiful hi-res
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
As soon as there
are any news, I will do my best to post them here as quickly as possible!
Meanwhile, why don't you visit LucasArts'
anything relevant, that is not on this page? Mail me!
This page was last updated on
"X-Wing vs. TIE-Fighter"
and all related material is copyright (c) 1996 LucasArts. All rights reserved.
Star Wars is a registered trademark owned by LucasFilm, Ltd.