TimN's View on the Fremantle Dockers
The Fremantle Dockers had their first season in the AFL in 1995. Since
that time, the astounding skills of their players have made them a
force to be reckoned with, as their record of finishing 13th, 13th,
12th, 15th, 15th, 12th, 16th, 13th and 5th clearly shows. Only last year's effort to finish 5th has really bucked the trend. Fremantle are a great club.
Where else would Shane Parker get a game, let alone become the club record holder for most games played with the club?
2003 was a big year for Freo, with the Dockers managing to have their first ever taste of finals football.
The list below is a summary of the fixtures and results
for the Fremantle Dockers for the year 2004. More in-depth reviews of
some of the games are also available. I also have review for some
matches from 1997,
2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
If you want to find out more about the Dockers, click here. This site is now
managed by the AFL, so don't hold it against the Dockers if it doesn't
work. My experience so far is that it works much better when viewed
using Internet Explorer.
- Wizard Cup, Round 1 Vs Essendon, February ??th, in Darwin. Lost by
The Proper Season
- Round 1 Vs Carlton, at Subiaco, March 27. Won by 47 points.
- Round 2 Vs Sydney, at the SCG, April 4. Lost by 31 points.
- Round 3 Vs Adelaide, at Subiaco, April 11. Won by 9 points.
- Round 4 Vs Collingwood, at Docklands, April 18. Won by 34 points.
- Round 5 Vs Geelong, at Subiaco, April 25. Won by 26 points.
- Round 6 Vs West Coast, at Subiaco, May 1. Won by 10 points.
- Round 7 Vs St Kilda, at Subiaco, May 8. Lost by 23 points.
- Round 8 Vs Hawthorn, at York Park (Launceston), May 16. Lost by 9 points.
- Round 9 Vs Brisbane, at Subiaco, May 22. Won by 59 points.
- Round 10 Vs Essendon, at Docklands, May 28. Lost by 30 points.
- Round 11 Vs Melbourne, at Subiaco, June 6. Lost by 31 points.
- Round 12 Vs Richmond, at the MCG, June 13. Won by 10 points.
- Round 13 Vs Port Adelaide, at Subiaco, June 19. Lost by 10 points.
- Round 14 Vs Footscray, at Docklands, July 4. Won by 41 points.
- Round 15 Vs North Melbourne, at Subiaco, July 10. Lost by 17 points.
- Round 16 Vs Adelaide, at Adelaide Oval, July 17. Won by 12 points.
- Round 17 Vs Sydney, at Subiaco, July 24. Won by 27 points.
- Round 18 Vs Carlton, at Optus Oval, July 31. Won by 48 points.
- Round 19 Vs Collingwood, at Subiaco, August 6. Lost by 33 points.
- Round 20 Vs Geelong, at Kardinia Park, August 14. Lost by 50 points.
- Round 21 Vs West Coast, at Subiaco, August 22. Lost by 48 points.
- Round 22 Vs St Kilda, at Docklands, August 28. Lost by 29 points.
For those that can't be bothered counting (including me, next time I look at this page), Freo finished the season with 11 wins and 11 losses. That left them in 9th spot, and just outside the finals. A win in any one of those last four games would have been enough to geth them into the finals, but it wasn't to be.
© 2004 timnfromoz firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to TimN's Freo Page
Return to TimN's Home Page