View the List of Hymns(non-Christmas)
View the List of Christmas Hymns
(just a few at this point)
Download All the Midi Files
News! News! News! -- These hymns are now available in MP3 format. Just visit
and experience these hymns as produced on the synth for which they were sequenced.
As an added bonus, I've arranged a number of these hymns for GUITAR and recorded them in MP3 format. Please check these out on
These midi files represent
centuries of hymn writing and corporate church worship. Although
I have not included the lyrics for these works, I consider the meaning
of the words central to the joy I receive from this music.
- Laudes Domini - When Morning Gilds the Skys (1/31/00)
- Leoni - The God of Abraham Praise (1/31/00)
- Rockingham - When I survey the wondrous cross (1/31/00)
- St. Bees - Jesus! Name of wondrous love! (1/31/00)
- Beecher - There's a wideness in God's mercy (1/14/00)
- Caswall - Glory be to Jesus (1/14/00)
- Kingsford - When Jesus left his Father's throne (1/14/00)
- Kremser - We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing (1/14/00)
- Eudoxia - Jesus, gentlest Savior (8/30/99)
- Arise - I will arise and go to Jesus (8/29/99)
- St. Anne - O God, our help in ages past (8/29/99)
- Terra Patris - This is my Father's world (8/28/99)
- Nun Danket - Now thank we all our God (8/28/99)
- Hanover - O worship the King (8/28/99)
Who am I and why do I do this?
My name is Rob Getman, and
I started sequencing hymns several years ago because I missed the Episcopal
hymns that I grew up with. My mother was a church organist, and my
earliest memories of church are sitting on the organ bench with my mother
during the service. Ironically, I never learned to play the keyboard.
I started using Cakewalk to enter the notes one at a time and voicing them
to sound a little better. After a while I started posting the files
on my web page on Geocities, and I was astounded at the number of hits
I was getting. I sequenced all of these files myself either from arrangements
in the hymnal or arrangements that I have created.
Here are a few related links
[Rob's Internet Toolbox] My own personal Internet portal
[Rob Getman's Midi Music] The 'back door' into this web site
|Appropriate Use Information:
The midi files on this page are provided
as-is. I make no promise that they will work well on your system. Personal
Use: You are free to use these files for your personal use. If you
choose to use them in a web page, please obtain permission from me first.
I also ask that you not link to them here, but copy the files to your own
web space. Business Use: If you wish to use these files for business
(church) purposes, please contact me at
and arrange for a usage license.
Last update: 1/15/05
Other Episcopal or Hymnal Pages:
from the 1982 Episcopal Hymnal: From St. Andrew's Episcopal Church,
Newport News, VA.
Anglican Online Hymnal OREMUS
The Cyber Hymnal
Gentle Ministries Midi Page
1940 Episcopal Hymnal