William Dalton and Rebecca Evans
William Dalton was born c1794, most likely in Virginia. He is next found in the records of Roane County, Tennessee. William Dalton married c1815 to Rebecca Evans. They had the following children while in Tennessee.
- Frances_L._Dalton, born 4/19/1816. Married to William Smith on September 28, 1837 in Lawrence County, Indiana.
- William Dalton, born c1818. Married to Elizabeth Todd.
- John Dalton, born c1818-1822. Married to Cynthia Tyler.
- Bradley Dalton, born c1818. Married to 1. Indiana Brothers, 2. Nancy Harris.
- Rebecca Dalton, born c1820. Married to Nicholas Wilson.
- Elizabeth Dalton, born 1821. Married to John Tankersley.
About 1824 this family migrated to Lawrence County, Indiana. They had the following children in Indiana:
- James Dalton, born 1824. Married to Unknown. Died September 9, 1888 in Orleans, Orange County, Indiana.
- Mary "Polly" Dalton, born December 15, 1825. Died January 8, 1848. She is buried in the Liberty Cemetery in Orleans, Orange County, Indiana.
- Permelia Dalton, born February 7, 1827. Married to 1. Kenneth Ferguson, and 2. John Steers. She died December 3, 1879 in Orange County, Indiana. Permelia Steers is buried in the Green Hills Cemetery. She had no known children.
- Joseph H. Dalton, born 1828. Married to Rachel Brooks.
- Sarah Dalton, born May 12, 1829. Died May 6, 1849. She is buried in the Liberty Cemetery, Orleans, Orange County, Indiana.
- Robert Dalton, born c1830. Died c1861.
- Thomas S. Dalton, born 1832. Married to Julia Ann Neal. Served in the Civil War. Died c1863. He is buried in the Liberty Cemetery, Orleans, Orange County, Indiana.
William Dalton died c1856. Rebecca Evans Dalton died after 1862.
Frances L. Dalton and William Smith lived in Shawswick Township in Lawrence County, IN. William Smith was born May 6, 1816. Census records list his state of birth as Tennessee. They had the following known children:
- Rebecca Smith, born c1842.
- William Smith, born c1844.
- Sarah Angeline "Dine" Smith, born October 12, 1846. Married to John F. McGinnis Moore on November 1, 1866 in Lawrence County, IN.
- Florence O. Smith, born c1849.
- James Smith, born c1855.
- Charles Smith, born c1858.
- Ellsworth Smith, born c1860.
William Smith died January 23, 1867. Frances L. Dalton Smith died February 18, 1888. Both are buried in the Liberty Cemetery in Orleans, Orange County, Indiana.
Moore Family Homepage
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page