S U M M A R Y
Creative and entrepreneurial producer and manger with strong ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve business goals. Extensive experience in managing client and business expectations. Online Ad Industry insider with contacts throughout the market. Sales oriented visionary with good understanding of marketing process.
A C C O M P L I S H M E N T S
• Managed and lead a team of 5 people. Turned an inefficient collection of individuals into a unified team of contributors. This allowed for better sales, client and product support.
• Trained current team members to give better product, and client support to existing, and new customer base. This increased client renewal rate 2-fold.
• Instituted a performance review program allowing cross-flow feedback. The team morale, and productivity increased as a result of this program.
• Provided insight into system impact stemming from business development deals, resulting in greater efficiency in implementation, and greater client satisfaction. Yahoo! saw a 10% increase in business development client retention.
• Integrated and supported Broadcast and GeoCities ad system integration, resulting in a faster, and easier sales cycle.
• Tested & began integration of new (AdForce) ad server onto entire GeoCities site leading to better management of inventory which increased campaign performance and allowed for more return business. GeoCities saw a higher client retention rate as well as higher cpm rates.
Sales & Marketing
• Worked with producers to provide vision into new products and services to be offered, helping us introduce new programs that were better tailored to advertising industry demands; this allowed Yahoo! to meet its goals in an increasingly competitive environment.
• Developed business & partner relationships with outside vendors, which gave access to a new client base. This resulted in 3 high revenue business development deals with leading technology companies.
• Represented Yahoo! Ad Systems at industry conventions and high-level competitor meetings, which built relationships with new partners, and strengthened already existing relationships with current partners.
• Maintained and updated GeoCities Site with new targeting and ad serving technology that allowed us to target users on a more granular level leading to expanded generation of advertiser interest and revenue. This increased the rate card range from $5 - $20, to $5 - $50.
• Worked with upper-management to identify new business channels. These new channels consisted of a larger base of targets that could benefit from Mediaplex’s and Valueclick’s current product line.
• Identified areas of improvement in current product base. By working with Product Management team, we were able to re-sign and grow our client base over Q4 2002,and Q1 2003. Signing clients such as Fandango, Darcy, and increasing Mediaplex’s footprint in eBay’s marketing products’ needs.
• Founded consortium consisting of representatives from all aspects of Production, Engineering, & Sales to establish testing and approval process for new creative types. This resulted in a more efficient flow of the rich media creative submission process; this new efficiency increased revenues
from rich media tenfold.
• Battled inefficiency between Production, Sales, and Engineering to accomplish revenue goals, leading
to a more streamlined process for new programs that were submitted and implemented, and faster revenue generation from these programs. Cycle times were shorter, and from these sales revenue was recognized earlier in the representative quarters.
• Worked with high-level clients, and agencies to determine best ways to gain greatest ROI on interactive campaigns. This included setting goals for a campaign, suggesting ways to hit the goals via Yahoo’s internet marketing programs, and achieving those goals. This resulted in greater client satisfaction and a 10% increase in client retention.
E S S E N T I A L S K I L L S
· Full understanding of Adserving software such as AdForce, StarPoint, DoubleClick, Mediaplex MOJO Systems & Yahoo’s proprietary systems.
· Complete understanding of webserving technology, such as API’s and server side includes.
· Ability to design and implement HTML and template code from scratch.
· Complete knowledge of demographics software including: RLPolk, Maritz, AdSpender, and JD Power.
· Extensive experience using and analyzing data from @plan and Media Metrix.
· Comprehensive understanding of MS Project. Including completion of a 5 day course in advanced use of MS Project which included the use of budget and resource allocation features.
W O R K H I S T O R Y
Mediaplex, a ValueClick Corporation, San Francisco, California
2002 to Present
Technical Services Supervisor, Technical Services
Managed many facets of operation in a software and product support environment. Gave an insiders view of the current market trends in the on-line ad industry. This provided a basis to support product level changes and paradigm shifts in strategic thinking due to the outline of market factors. Provided Sales support on product demos, implementation, and training of Mediaplex’s multiple software (ASP, Full-Service)
solutions. Along with the core management team, approved new sales and support thereof. This consisted of attributing new business to current support team bandwidth and assessing need for new team members in order to support growing client base. Managed the technical support relationships with high-profile
clients such as eBay, Wells Fargo, TBWA\Chiat\Day, and iTraffic.
Yahoo!, Santa Clara, California
1999 to 2001
Producer, Ad Systems
2000 to 2001
Supported business development in implementing new partner relationships. Integrated new properties for ad sales against broadcast/broadband content.
Associate Producer Ad Programs
1999 to 2000
Worked with Sales and Producers to maintain and launch new ad programs. Managed international advertising product and program launches.
GeoCities, Marina Del Rey, California
1997 to 1999
Traffic Project Coordinator
1998 to 1999
Managed projects that spanned across several departments. Assisted Traffic Coordinators in testing and implementing new banner technology. Trained & managed temporary and new employees in ad reporting and scheduling duties. Interacted with Site Development, Software Engineering, Sales, and Content Management in order to meet goals and alleviate problems encountered in the day to day ad serving process. Managed relationship with outside ad serving vendor.
Ad Traffic Coordinator
1997 to 1998
Developed one sheet and project plan for implementing ad banners & text in web based chat. Scheduled
Ad Banners, HTML Fragments, & HTML Text Mentions using Starpoint ad server. Using statistical advertising reports, worked with partners and Sales to optimize each campaign. Compiled and expedited
performance reports for partners such as Microsoft, ZDNet, and Yahoo!
The Lee Solters Public Relations Company, Beverly Hills, California
Assistant to Lee Solters
Wrote and released press statements. Prepared daily work schedule for office. Prepared daily contact report for president of company.
Chanticleer Films, Hollywood, CA
1994 to 1995
Executive Assistant to President of Company
Worked with high pofile clients and President to coordinate timelines of both the client and the Presdient. Composed business letters. Instituted schedule card so President was informed of all commitments for that day. Screened all incoming calls.
On-Set Production Assistant
Handled shuttling of talent from arrival at call time to on set arrival. Worked with UPM to communicate time goals to cast and crew. Assisted Talent, Director, UPM, and Producer withon-set requests.
In-Office Production Assistant
Assisted Vice-President of Production Resources with product placement and promotions. Handled legal clearances. Broke down scripts for production.
E D U C A T I O N
B.S. Business Management, Deans List, California State University Long Beach
Member and Graduate, Southern California Entrepreneurship Academy
P R O F E S S I O N A L G R O U P S
Member of AdMonsters industry group
Contributor IAB sub-committee on rich media