|This is my 95 GT, i bought it used as a
theft recovery vehicle, that's why the lack of fog lamps.
Overall, the GT was in very decent shape but the
clearcoat paint needed a good polish.
The engine also needed some detailing, which i did myself
and consisted of painting the upper and lower intake,
strut tower brace, a thorough wash and some protectand to
hoses and plastic stuff.
The GT is equiped with an
AODE, cloth seats and regular stereo unit.
Some basic enhacements were needed in the sound
department so i added a set of three way JBL speakers in
The upholstery also needed a good wash which i performed
using over the shelf stuff.
With only 15K miles in the odometer, the engine just
needed a good tune up and a complete replacement of
engine and transmission lubricants. I used Mobil 1
synthetic, NGK plugs and motorcraft oil filter.
I also replaced the distributor rotor and cap with a unit
with brass terminals.
I started with the typical
stuff, K&N, advance timing to 13° and 93 Octane pump
The K&N is a conical 9" filter that i used in a
93 TBird SC i owned before the GT.
At first i removed the stock unit and replaced it with
the K&N using a custom made bracket to fit it to the
stock airbox. I later removed the airbox an created a "home made" FIPK or performance
kit similar to the
one offered by K&N, but at a fraction of the cost,
There was a dramatic
increase in performance with this addition. More than i
thought possible, but the stock airbox is very
restrictive and the airflow inside it must create a lot
of turbulence. The new setup creates a straight air flow
A set of
ASSEMBLED TRICK FLOW (Stage 1) heads arrived home, along with
bolts, new pushrods and gaskets. Install wasn't an easy
task and the setup lasted only a week.
A friend of mine wanted
the heads desperately for a stroker project 84LX. He
wanted to trade the TWs + Roller Rockers + MSD Ignition i
had for a (NEW) PAXTON SC and a set of used Edelbrock
performer heads. The deal went ok, and i only had to add
Since the SN93 PAXTON unit
is a complete kit for FOX Mustangs, i had to buy the
accesories to make it work in the SN95.
The Edelbrock heads had a problem with a couple of faulty
spring retainers, so i had to buy a complete set. The
heads are now on the GT, giving it a wild improve in
performance. Also, MAC
unequal length 1 5/8 were installed.
A set of progressive rate EIBACH
PRO KIT springs
was next, i did all the installation with the help of my
cousin (he has a car shop), but somewhow i was able to
break the rear brake line hose. When i droped the rear
the differential forgot to remove the brake line mount
and twisted it making a hole small enough to get all the
fluid into the exhaust. I took me 4 days to find the part
but, overall the EIBACH installation was a smooth 2 hour
"tour de force". The veredict: WOOOOOOOOOOW...
the stock GT really needed a set of these high quality
springs. Not to mention that it doesn't have that "4X4