Graphic Tutorials 1 - 6
As Jumbles is teaching Martin
and me to do various
graphic designs, I am making a note, and adding
them to these pages, so other newbies like us can
learn how to make beautiful images for themselves.
Please not that none of the tutorials use any other
Programs than PSP 4.0 or 5.0 and you do not require special
filters such as Alien Skin's Eye Candy or Kai Filters.
Shop Pro 4.0 is the program needed.
(PSP 5.0 requires different settings and does not work as well)
This method works on light backgrounds better than dark.
1. Open a new image, 16 million colours
2. Fill it with a light colour or pale image of your choice
3. Choose Text you require (Font in sample CherriesBlack)
4. Tick Antilas, but not floating
5. Add chosen text
6. DO NOT DESELECT TEXT
7. Choose Image and then "Cut Out"
8. Settings are "Black" Opacity 120
DO NOT TICK "Fill Interior with Colour"
9. Add these settings to your text
10. DO NOT DESELECT TEXT
11. Choose Image and then "Drop Shadow"
12. Settings are "White" Opacity 255
13. Add "Drop Shadow Settings" to text
14. Choose Select none
15. Save your image as a J.Peg to folder of your choice
|Lesson 2 is HERE - Html for pages using bordered backgrounds|
|Lesson 3 is HERE - Making a Simple Background Tile in 1 minute|
|Lesson 4 is HERE - Simple Bevelled text using Hot Wax Coating|
|Lesson 5 is HERE - Simple Plastic text using CUTOUT,EMBOSS|
|Lesson 6 is HERE - Fading a background tile|
|Advanced tutorials can be found at Jumbles'Calligrafixs Site.|
|ICQ Skin tutorials can be found at Jumbles Zoo Graphics Skins|
MORE TUTORIALS SOON but there
lots at Mardi's site http://www.mardiweb.com
MY TIPS AND RESOURCES PAGE - CLICK HERE
I would love it if my
Guestbook was signed
whilst you are here.(HINT!!)
Sign Guestbook View
About Spice - My Family - Graphics
Web Rings - Yahoo/Geo Help/Info Page
Return to Index
All page contents,
to include image files, backgrounds, photographs and text are the original artwork of Spice's Spot
Any copying or reproducing these contents without written permission by Spice's Spot is strictly prohibited.