- The new archaeological Park of Côa Valley has been officially opened on August, 10 (+351-79-764317)
- Two reception centers has been prepared at Vila Nova de Foz Côa and Castelo Melhor
- Tourist can visit most important sites by guided tours
- For the first time a Rock Art area encourages the institution of an economical development plan (called “Pro-Côa”), actually funded by Portuguese Government and European Union.
- The Palaeolithic style of many scratched figures has been confirmed by the first tracings of Vermelhosa site, with many animal and the great discovery of two noticeable female figures (Gravado no Tempo - Etched in Time International project). A poster will be presented at UISSP meeting at Forli' (I) September 9-15
- The entire question continues having many effects on Portuguese Archaeology. Recording methods (washing - cleaning - digging) at Canada do Inferno, Penascosa and Barca will be examined by an IFRAO commission
Read the Côa Special Page in TRACCE 5 Online Rock Art Bulletin