Some of this is intended to demonstrate how to write programs to use the protocol. Other things are vaguely useful from a users point of view.
- !PCARes The PCA resources. This provides a home for the PCA module, an applet booter and a directory arrangement for applets which have no use outside the PCA system - and includes a copy of this html for reading offline. REQUIRED. PCASupport version 0.32 (45 KB)
Local tasks (programs which can use applets)
- !PCADemo A very simple demo of how to impliment the PCA protocol from the local tasks point of view - well commented and easy for programmers to follow. You'll need a tool to use with this... (36 KB)
Applets (tools usable with local tasks)
- Circles example applet Draw circles into sprites using inplace V2. (42 KB)
- Simple image filtering (convolution). Only works on 16M colour images. Doesn't use inplace editing. (70 KB)
Applications which do both sides of the protocol
- !Spaint An updated copy of the Spaint example sprite handling PCA application which knows about PCA2 and allows you to experiment with different dialogue types. Bigfixed 27/5/98 (70 KB)
- !DPCA An example application which does PCA with drawfiles. Not of much use at the moment, as its 'editing' is confined to allowing you to add a set of simple objects to the drawfile. (140 KB)
- TopWizz. Topmodel rendering utility. As a tool, it can write its output into a sprite belonging to another application to provide Topmodel file display support. As a Local task, it allows the textures contained in a TopModel scene file to be edited by any PCA sprite handling 'tool'. Requires !PCARes and !TopRes. (76 KB)
Other bits which may be of interest
- Some icons. Example PCA tool icons - can be used to update the look and feel of older versions of tools to the RISC OS look and feel instead of NC blue.
Other things are to follow. In the meantime, have a look Here. [250K JPEG]