Titler is a video titling and presentation package making good use of the supurb RISC OS antialiased outline font system. It was written on the request (through my local Acorn dealer) of TaylorMade, a video production house in Dunedin, NZ. The first demo version was written over a weekend in early 1988. The program evolved through several major incarnations before being published by Clares in 1992.
Late in 1993 I was reading a review in a Mac magazine of an exciting program which allowed people to manipulate scanned 24bit images, move them around and combine them in a variety of ways. The idea appealed to me greatly as my artistic ability is next to non-existant and I had just managed to obtain a Medusa prototype RISC PC through Clares. The core of Composition was written in a bout of coding during January and February 1994. Compo was demonstrated at the Harrogate spring show in 1994 and was released at the same show in 1995. The program has received several major updates and is still in active development today. Recent additions include a comprehensive scripting language and support for 3D objects, vector artwork and animations.
A bitmap painting and image processing application written for the NC. Briefly available from Xemplar whilst they sold RISC OS based NCs it is now available from Precedence. Notable because all of the 'tools' were written using the PCA protocol which plugged into a skeletal 'core'. Enhanced versions of these tools are available from Clares as part of the most recent commercial update for Compo.
Public Domain software to download
RISC OS Software only! Don't bother to download if you have a PC or Mac!
- TitlerTools A suite of video related utility programs designed to compliment Titler.
- WindowDrag A small module which allows you to drag any window without finding its titlebar. Now StrongARM compatible.
- BatchFSI An application which feeds the Acorn image conversion ChangeFSI with a batch of many files at once.
- Gamma Hardware gamma correction for the RiscPC.
- Trimmer Program to trim background edges off sprites.
- ColourSample Program to sample the colour of any pixel on the desktop and return information about it. Version 0.04.
- Chopper Program to divide images up into rectangular sections for web site design. Version 0.12 includes Pic2Table to turn chopped images into an HTML table.
23rd of July 2001