you know how many ways to retrieve a particular record from a server at the
fastest speed? We can't use sequential method to get the record, and it is very
often too slow!
We need to
use interfaces IRowsetFind, IRowsetLocate, IRowsetScroll, and IRowsetIndex to
pinpoint a record. OleDBPro wraps all the functions of these interfaces.
Additionally, you can use CRBase::MoveNext(LONG
nSkipped=0) to jump from one
record to another by setting the parameter nSkipped.
- How to open a CBulkRecordParam<COTable<CRBaseEx>,
object based on a parameterized SQL statement.
- How to scroll and jump back and forward records.
- How to use a bookmark to pinpoint a record.
- How to estimate the position of the current record in a rowset.
- How to regain a rowset with a set of new parameter data without closing a
For how to use interfaces IRowsetFind
and IRowsetIndex, see examples FilterSort and Indexes.
You are also encouraged to
experiment the following examples about Oracle stored procedures at MS Support
Retrieve Recordsets from Oracle Stored Procs Using ADO.
Retrieve Typical Resultsets From Oracle Stored Procedures.
the list of examples