1. The maker doesn't want it; the buyer doesn't use it;
and the user doesn't see it. What is it?
2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were
both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United
States citizen. How is this possible?
3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest
mountain on Earth?
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is
always in the summer. How is this possible?
5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war
stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a
battalion against a German division during World War I. Through
brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable
territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing
the inscription "To Captain Bragg for bravery, Daring and
Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8. "Captain
Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to
believe that yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the story?
6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion
or politics, agreed is between heaven and earth?
7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?
8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that
city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died and
she never divorced. How was this possible?
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989
American dollar bills?
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
11. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to
make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
12. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never
eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
13. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or
"The yolk of the egg is white"?
14. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man
with a wooden leg. Why not?
15. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for
admission to the "International Home Show". One of them was the
father of the other's son. How could this be possible?
16. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November
27,1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his
17.This is a test, Quite fun and weird, it's a quick test of
intelligence .. don't cheat ! Because if you did,
the test would be no fun. no tricks to the test ...
Read this sentence:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
Now count the number of F's in that sentence. Count
them ONLY ONCE. Do not go back and count them again.
See below for all the answers.
1. A coffin
2. The child was born before 1776
3. Mount Everest, it just hadn't been discovered!
4. Clara lives in the southern hemisphere.
5. World War I wasn't called "World War I" until
World War II.
6. The word "and".
7. They fall in the same year every year, New Year's
Day just arrives very early in the year and
Christmas arrives very late in the same year.
8. The lady was a Justice of the Peace.
9. One thousand nine hundred and ninety dollar bills
are worth one dollar more than one thousand nine
hundred and eighty-nine dollar bills.
10. Only once, then you are subtracting it from 20.
11. "one word"
12. Penguins live in the Antarctic.
13. Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow.
14. You have to take a picture with a camera, not
with a wooden leg.
15. They were husband and wife.
16. He can't because he's dead.
17.There are six F's in the sentence. One of average
intelligence finds three of them. If you spotted
four, you're above average. If you got five, you can
turn your nose at most anybody. If you caught six,
you are a genius.
There is no catch. Many people forget the "OF"'s .. The human brain
tends to see them as V's and not F's.