We have changed our website - You will automatically be redirected to www.brosonline.org in 5 seconds. If your browser doesn't automatically load, click HERE.
The Boca Raton Orchid Society
P.O. Box 276367
Boca Raton, Florida 33427-6367
The Boca Raton Orchid Society began in 1989
with just 27 members. Since then, the society has grown
tremendously, and now boasts a membership of 224 members. Our subtropical climate is perfect for growing an astounding variety of warm to intermediate orchids here in Palm Beach County. Each year our members enjoy a Spring Picnic held right on the ocean in lovely Boca Raton (complete with scrumptious food and Orchid Bingo, where members vie for plants), several fun-filled bus safaris to local orchid growers, a yearly auction, a popular annual show and sale, and an elegant Holiday Party
at year end. The goals of our society are:
- To promote education on all aspects of
- To support a scholarship at Florida
- To provide ongoing support for the American Orchid Society
- To share our enjoyment of this most wonderful hobby
The Boca Raton Orchid Society meets on the
first Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at the Boca Raton
Community Center, 150 Crawford Blvd., behind City Hall. Guests
are welcome! Click here for directions and map.
At each meeting we have an interesting speaker,
a raffle table, refreshments, a lending library for members, a
ribbon-judged display table of members' plants, and a sales table
where you can find fabulous bargains.
President: Jackie Wood
1st Vice President: Judy Kaplan Wener
Vice President, Membership Chairperson: Kelly Ford
Vice President, Program Chairperson: Barbara Barnett
Directors: Sallie Chisolm, Mark Peterson, and David Hogaboom
Dues for yearly membership are as follows:
- First year, Single: $20.00
- First year, Couple: $30.00
- Renewal, Single: $18.00
- Renewal, Couple: $25.00
Please make your check payable to the Boca
Raton Orchid Society. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 276367,
Boca Raton, FL, 33427-6367. Membership benefits include: badge,
newsletter, culture sheets, membership directory, free raffle
tickets, a book on orchid pests and diseases, and discounts at local orchid merchants and garden centers.
Member Plant Photos
Other Orchid Societies in the South Florida area:
- The Coalition of Orchid Species meets at 7:00pm on the third Monday of each month at Fairchild Tropical Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami.
- The Coral Gables Orchid Society meets on the first Tuesday at Fairchild Tropical Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami.
- The East Everglades Orchid Society meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at Fellowship Hall, Silver Palm Methodist Church located at 15855 S.W. 248 St. in the Redlands. Each meeting begins with a mini-class at 7:15 p.m., followed by the general meeting and program at 8:00 p.m.
- The Coral Springs Orchid Society meets at 7:30 pm on the third Monday at 1301 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs.
- The Deerfield Beach Orchid Society meets at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of each month at Sugar Sand Park in Boca Raton.
- The Delray Beach Orchid Society meets at 7:30pm on the third Wednesday of each month at the Adult Recreation Center in Veterans Park, 802 NE First Street. For more information, contact Valerie Smith.
- The Ft. Pierce Orchid Society meets at 10:00am on the second Saturday of each month at the Garden Center, 10th and Georgia Ave.
- The Gold Coast Orchid Society meets at 8:00pm on the second Tuesday of each month at the Gwen Margolis Community Center, 1590 N.E. 123rd Street, North Miami.
- The Orchid Society of the Palm Beaches meets at 7:30pm on the second Thursday of each month at the Mounts Botanical Gardens Agricultural Building in West Palm Beach.
- The Plantation Orchid Society meets at 8:00pm on the first Tuesday of each month at the Plantation Community Center, 5555 Palm Tree Road.
- The Port St. Lucie Orchid Society meets at 2:00pm on the second Tuesday of each month at the Council for the Aging Bldg. at Bayshore Drive.
- The South Florida Orchid Society meets at 8:00pm on the third Wednesday of each month at the Polish American Club Hall, 1250 N. W. 22nd Avenue, Miami, Florida.
- The Port St. Lucie Orchid Society meets at 8:00pm on the third Tuesday of each month at the Nob Hill Recreation Center, 10400 Sunset Strip.
- The Tropical Orchid Society meets at 2:00pm on the second Sunday, and at 7:30pm on the fourth 4th Thursday at the Mounts Botanical Gardens Agricultural Building in West Palm Beach.
- The Jupiter Tequesta Orchid Society meets the first Tuesday of each month, 7:00 PM at the Old Town Hall, Jupiter, Fl. For more information contact Rhonda Heide.
You are visitor number
to our Web site. Thank you for visiting!
© 2000 Web page design by firstname.lastname@example.org
This page hosted by Get your own Free