You might have asked yourself why this is Gwineth's Home Page. Well, when I say that I am Gwineth and Claudia as well, I often mean it...
I started role-playing more or less thirteen years ago, and my first character was Xaide Gwineth, a D&D she-elf. After one year, we decided to turn to AD&D, and I felt I could not leave "my" Gwineth... So, Gwineth Ariel of Twilight (rerolled, with a new name, but stunningly similar) has been my first AD&D character, too. We played with the Greyhawk setting, and she has seen most of the best adventures ever published, like TEE, and many others.
Claudia grew up with Gwineth, making new friends, and realizing that the world was not so scary as it seemed, finding courage in her, and Gwineth grew up with Claudia, being sad when I was sad, in love when I was in love, happy when I was happy.
One of the ideas that always stun me when I stop and think back to my life as a role-player is that I've been able to have lots of other characters, all different, some completely different from me, but I've never been able to detach myself from "my" Gwineth...
This is also the reason that led to the end of the campaign, in July, 1997...
Well, this page is about her and her companions, and Greyahwk, a world I'll forever love!
Who are Gwineth's companions ?
- Luxor Danymar, Shining Priest of Pholtus
- Luxor is a human priest in his thirties, neither tall nor short, and his face is disfigured by two big scars. That's why he has poor sight. His family was destroyed by goblins, his best friend killed by a vampire, and he himself had to kill his former wife, who had been infected by a vampire. Now he roams the Flanaess with his new friends, and he has gained a position in the church of Pholtus, who made him High Priest in Sourlode. He carries the Holy relic of Saint Ulderik and it's been rumored that the Teocracy of The Pale is looking for him, to burn him as an eretic (they are quite straight-minded... ). He loves drinking and he's starting a wine commerce. He dropped his his black robes, sign of the death that was in his hearth, in his last adventure, as a sign of his love for Gwineth...
- Morak of the Stonemasons Clan
- Morak is Gwineth's oldest friend, even if he's a dwarf. He is short, black-bearded and grumpy, but he has a good hearth, and Gwineth knows she can count on him when the battle comes. He lost his memory when a whole mountain fell on his head, and he recently found his old clan. He runs the Green Leaf Tavern in Greyhawk (you should go there and see!) and he works as an agent of the Circle of the Eight. Despite all the efforts made by his friends, he has never had a relation with the beautiful dwarven bard Vlana...
- Nuriel Restsearcher
- Nuriel is a human surgeon and mage in his forties, and no one knows that he is a necromancer.... He has a small tower on the Caern Hills, where he secretly makes his experiments. He fled from the Scarlet Brotherhood with an obscure secret, that he didn't reveal to anyone, and his hidden ambition is that of becoming a Lich. He has no family, no girlfriends and no apprentices, but someone says that when he became a hero, in the Battle of Chendl, he also found a way to restore life into dead bodies...
- Duke Dawidh Talmaj
- Dawidh is a refugee from the Lordship of the Islands. There he married the duke's daughter, and gained the title. A former gallant, now he is a bard, and he has left all the girls to his beloved brother, Juan. He now lives in a nice mansion near Greyhawk, where he breeds wonderful horses, with his wife Deborah and their little son. He is still an agent of the Circle of the Eight. He came back to adventure for a few months, but after having been dead twice he decided to retire from adventuring and to dedicate himself to his wife, his child and his horses.
- Kismet is a new entry in the party. She is a wood elf fighter, very young and fierce, with a secret love-story with a Liosalfar. She comes from and lives in the Duchy of Ulek. She had a brief love-story with Lamaril, the bard, and she lost their would-be baby in the heroic effort of destroying the Queen of Chaos. Hail to Kismet!
- The last to join the party, Lamaril was a well-paid elven bard from Celene. When he decided to follow The Last Dawning in order to conquer Kismet's heart, he was obliged to face the rude and perilous life of the adventurer. Now he is less scared by battle, but often cries on his small scars... He has had a love-affair with kismet, at least, but they decided to break up after having lost their would-be baby.