This will be a highly personal discussion of string quartet recordings.
The outline of this page (to be ready in late November) will be:
- A list of recommendations
- Some interesting on-going recording projects
- Early work: Haydn, Mozart
- The end of the beginning: Beethoven, Schubert
- Hiatus: Mendelssohn, Dvorák, Brahms
- Revolution: Schoenberg, Berg, Webern
- Return of the cyclists: Bartók, Shostakovich
- Too soon to judge: Nono, Babbitt, Crumb, Ferneyhough
Back to Vienna/1790.
This page is part of Lewis Morton's Web presence.
Thanks for stopping by. This page and all contents © 1996
This page hosted by Back to the
Version 0.1: October 20, 1996