Credits for Nick Drozdoff
Nicholas Drozdoff firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Music Background as a Trumpeter
The following is a list summarizing Nick Drozdoff's personal professional
experiences as a trumpeter throughout his career.
- Performed with members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for the Apollo Chorus
- Maynard Ferguson Orchestra
- Featured soloist with the Lake Forest Symphony*
- Featured soloist with the Glenbrook North High School Concert Band*
- Featured soloist with the Oak Lawn Symphony*
- Recitalist at College of Lake County (Faculty Member),
Roosevelt University, American Conservatory of Music*
- On record albums for Guy Fricano, Marshall Vente, Doug Lofstrom and Maynard Ferguson (live in Japan, 1981)
- The Larry Eckerling Orchestra
- Keely Smith
- Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Melissa Manchester
- Rich Little
- John Denver
- The Spinners
- The Temptations
- Gladys Knight and the Pips
- Patti Page
- Frankie Lane
- Della Resse
- Carole Lawrence
- Robert Goulet
- Steve Lawrence and Edie Gorme
- Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers)
- Bobby Vinton
- Vic Damone
- Frankie Avalon
- Diahann Carroll
- Cyd Charisse and Tony Martin
- Rosemary Clooney
- Helen O'Connell
- Pat Boone
- Lawrence Welk All Stars (Myron Floren and Company)
- Bill Cosby
- Dick Shawn
- George Kirby
- Jack Jones
- Julie Budd
- Tex Beneke
- Plus countless others from the old industrial circuit.
In addition to this Drozdoff ran his own contracting business
for thirteen years. He led bands and brass ensembles for
everything from weddings to large corporate events. He has
had his brass quartet perform for Christmas Parties for John Hughes.
(*)Drozdoff has appeared as a concert soloist with bands and
orchestras throughout the midwest. He has performed with the Lake
Forest Symphony, Oak Lawn Symphony, Glenbrook North High School
Bands, College of Lake County Bands, Lake Forest High School Bands,
Lake Forest College Orchestras, Vandercook College Bands, Wright College Jazz Band
to name a few.
His trumpet playing has been heard on recordings for radio and
TV as well as on Chicago area jazz record albums for artists such
as Marshall Vente, Doug Lofstrom, Isidro Perez, and Guy Fricano.
He is currently on call as lead/solo trumpet with the Chicago
Grandstand Big Band and The Barrett Deems Big Band, among others.
Drozdoff is frequently called upon to appear as a classical soloist
in churches and in recital environments. He also still leads one
of the Chicago area's finest brass quintets.
What Some People Have Said About Nick Drozdoff and His Music:
- Maynard Ferguson:
- "Nick is one of today's stongest players."
- Larry Kart, Chicago Tribune:
- "a powerful lead trumpeter..."
- Owen Cordle, Downbeat Magazine:
- "soaring trumpet work..."
- Barry Winograd, WXRT Radio:
- Nick Drozdoff is one of Chicago's most
versatile and refreshing musicians."
Back to Drozdoff's main index page
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page