Leather/SM lifestyle & education
- Ambrosio has a rich collection of resources addressing
- BDSM in Texas
- BDSM in general
- Health & safety
- Abuse vs. SM
- Dating & communication
- Manners & traditions
- The law & BDSM
- Community service
- Looking for Kink Aware Professionals in your area? This resource was helpful to my former slave, dave, when we hit a relationship bump while he was in Atlanta on business. He pulled up the psychotherapist list, found someone in Atlanta, was able to talk about whatever issue and include the Master/slave power dynamic. It made a difference. Similarly, when Tom and I were in a triad with boy tim and we hit a bump, we pulled up the psychotherapist list, found someone in Austin who happened to be particularly knowledgeable about polyamoury, and the three of us had good, open sessions with that person.
- Chat services include recon / WorldLeatherMen, AssPig and others.
- If you'd like to learn more about Domination and submission you might attend Arizona Power Exchange's APEX Academy: Carrying on the Butchmanns Tradition, a weekend training program for novice Masters and slaves called Master Taino's Training Academy, the MASTER/slave conference in D.C., a Master's Retreat (location varies), or a boy's Training Camp (location varies).
If you want to meet folk at a leather event which offers workshops, you might attend Black Rose (Washington, D.C.), Thunder in the Mountains (Denver), SouthEast LeatherFest ("SELF", in Atlanta), Southwest Leather Conference (Phoenix), or the great SouthPlains Leatherfest (Dallas), which includes the International Master / slave contest.
If you just want to meet leatherfolk in general, there's always International Mr. Leather ("IML", Chicago), Folsom Street Fair (San Francisco), Folsom Fair North (Toronto), American Brotherhood Weekend ("ABW", Washington, DC), International Ms. Leather ("IMsL"), and Ms. World Leather ("Ms. World",).
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom is a great organization which also offers tips for local activism.
- Read the Deviants' Dictionary's section on Definitions and Dynamics. In particular, see the part on Dominance and submission and its subtopic of a Daddy/boy relationship.
- Is it nasty fun or just abuse? The National Leather Association:International Domestic Violence Project has brochures such as "Abuse vs. Healthy BDSM"
- Ever wondered about slave contracts? Is a contract worth the paper it's signed on?
Even though slave contracts have no standing in courts of law, such a contract can be a good touchstone on the expectations and desires of both parties. It can be a moral contract, even if it's not a legally-sanctioned one.
- The Castle Realm D/s Resource Center contains a good overview statement:
In every relationship, three entities exist: The "You," the "Me," and the "Us." Each has their own unique characteristics, "Us" being a melding of the other two. Both individuals possess strengths, weaknesses, talents, fears, hopes, and dreams. These things define us as who we are. Together they blend, compliment, and bolster, not seeking to overpower or extinguish, but to enhance.
And so it is with us.
The pages herein offer glimpses into your hosts as individuals as well as who we are together; and what we are as "us" is immeasurably greater than the sum of our individuality. Explore, enjoy, learn, and dream.
- Here's a resource from the Leather Leadership Conference for Building Community in Your Leather Community or Club. The LLC library has an index of available articles.
Police / uniform
- Officer Wes presented on incorporating uniform play in the bedroom.
- Face it. Cops look hot. Here are some resources for pulling together your own look:
- Galls is America's Largest Supplier to Public Safety Professionals
- NY911.com is "the largest NYPD and law enforcement catalog on the web"
- Orber Manufacturing will make badges
- Police Badge Network
- NIC Law Enforcement Supply
- Golden State Peace Officers Association provides cameraderie for gay and lesbian peace officers and fire fighters in California.
- GOAL NY - Gay Officers Action League of New York.
- Paradise Electro Stimulations at www.peselectro.com make the amazing Auto Erotic Chair -- and all sorts of other fun electrical gear -- and will sell directly to the public.
- Mr. S Leather Company & Fetters USA is the granddaddy of leather places. Their craftsmanship is unparalleled.
- Leather Creations On-Line Catalog is run by friends-of-a-friend. I hear they're nice men.
- StationHouse Leathers and Gear is a particularly good place for prisoner restraints.
- Janette Heartwood's Heartwood Whips of Passion. "We are the most highly respected name in handcrafted whips for consensual BDSM play." That says it all.
- For those boys who are allergic to a nickel or zinc-plated collar, try Bo'sun Supplies, Co. for stainless steel and titanium chain. My thanks to the late "boy jarret, proud to be collared by Master Rick" for the suggestion.
- Sybian.com, manufacturers of the amazing "Venus 2000 for Men" and "Sybian for Women"
- Rubber Fetish SiteTM
- snoopy's puppy cage is where snoopy shares about being into rubber, puppy/Trainer role play, leather, bondage, SM, shaving, etc., and his search for a 24/7/365 Master/Trainer. To see his rubber pics check under the "collar" tab.
Straight razor shaving
- Caring For Your Straight Razor
- The Joy of Shaving, dedicated to preserving the tradition of shaving with a mug, soap and a brush.
Leather/SM Pictures & Stories
- BLUF Breeches and Leather Uniform Fanclub
- Nifty Erotic Stories Archive has leather stories under Gay Male (& Lesbian) -- Authoritarian
- S&M News (magazine)
Austin (where we lived 2000-2002) & Central Texas gay leather
- Austin has The Austin Gay Leather Social for both men and women.
- Bound by Desire is a women's BDSM group.
- Nearby San Antonio has the men's club Chain of Command.
- Dallas' Discipline Corps is more North Texas than Central, but it's the closest place for monthly men's parties.
Some leatherfolk we know who also have Web sites
- The dear, and hot, Alpha who owns Passionfruit Video, which makes award-winning women-on-women erotica
- Fetish photographer Corwin & his wife/assistant of Photos by Corwin are a dear couple we know from Austin. They also took these wonderful uniform photographs of Tom and me
- slave david stein, a man who has been of great service to my family through advice and friendship
- Master Dean Walradt and his family have been friends for years. Master Dean created boy's Training Camp and Master's Retreat. He died in late 2003. He and his partner owned Leather by Boots - Dallas for a number of years.
- Hromovy is a woman I got to know from her presentations at boy's Training Camp and local leather groups. She is another uniform afficionado, with good resources. Plus she is an exceptional photographer.
- Jack Rinella, who makes a wealth of writings, including a weekly e-essay, available for free through his LeatherViews.com
- International Mr. Leather, 1996, Joe Gallagher, who operates leatherpage.com
- Houstonian Malo / MrBadSir whose site Vanilla Not hosts A D/s Web Center as a great Dominant/submissive resource
- Master Taino and his leather family, who sponsor the D.C. area Training Academy and MASTER/slave Conference
© 1998-2007 by Officer Wes