cropped from a photo
Hasso W. Mueller
A major first-aid remedy. Main sphere of action is periosteum (the fibrous
connective-tissue membrane, covering bone and joints), chronic and acute.
Pain in small of back, lumbar and loins, from lifting; bruised, lameness
and stiffness; in the lower extremities after a sprain of the back; pains
as if bruised in lumbar vertebrae; spinal wounds; bruised coccyx; pain
and soreness in back or coccyx as from a fall or blow or as if bruised;
bruised feeling all over; paralytic weakness; weakness sitting down after
a walk; pain is worse in the morning, and better after rising and when
lying on back.
- Lumbago- lumbar pain in the morning in bed, better from movement
- Herniated Disc- slipped ar ruptured disc caused by lifting heavy
weights, over-exertion, back sprains and strains; vertebrae slip out of
place easily; with chronic back pain; from spinal wounds.
- Vertebrae slips out of place easily. Easy straining of back.
- Periosteum- trouble where the flesh is thin over the bone; over
- Cartilage- chronic pain; stitching pain pressing bones; chronic
pain of periosteum (fibrous connective tissue covering bones).
- Lumps- knotty, ganglions that develop following injury (often
on wrist); hard lumps form in the palm from clasping the hand over an iron
instrument; nodes and bumps of hardened mass of tissue involving tendons,
joints, periosteum, bone.
Bowel and Rectum Problems:
- Rectum Drainage- constipation with difficult feces, especially
after confinement; frequent unsuccessful urging; involuntary stool on bending
over or on stooping; family history of cancer of lower bowel (to prevent).
Dental and Mouth Problems:
- Dental Pain- dry socket, at the onset of an infected
tooth socket [30c hourly]; bone pain in and after any oral surgery;
pain from an intra-alveolar injection, and scraping of the periosteum;
bone and periosteal pain after dental surgery.
- Tooth Trauma- for a tooth loosened in the socket, or dislocated.
- Dental Procedures- after braces are tightened or orthodontal spacers
are placed between teeth; after a dislodged tooth is re-implanted; pain
after injections of local anesthesia; before and after a tooth extraction
to reduce pain and speed healing.
- Broken Jaw- pain from fracture when the bones are severely contused;
and to speed healing.
- Mouth- difficult speech from spasm in the tongue; aching in
the palate that is better when swallowing.
Eye and Vision Problems:
- Eyestrain- of eye muscles, with stiffness and fatigue; vision
exertion of eyes from fine work.
- Pain- eye pain followed by headache; pain is pressing, aching,
smarting, and burning like fire.
- Weakness- and heat from reading and exertion; ocular muscle
- Vision- loss of vision when exerting eyes while sewing or in
fine work, with redness; confusion of colors; blurred, foggy and dim vision.
- Eye Disorders- retina congestion; irritation in the evening;
eyeball heat using eyes; disturbed ciliary muscle; bloating and swelling
above eyes; worse on motion and use of eyes.
Injury, Accident, Shock and Trauma:
- Injuries- blows, falls, bruises that are slow to heal (and may
leave a hard lump on knee, shin, or elbow); to the joints.
- Bone injuries- bruises, pain and fractures that are slow to
heal; lumps as a result of a blow with a stick or a hammer or from bumping
the shin bone; ailments from bone injury; extreme bone pain; broken jaw.
- Bruises- that go away slowly and leave a hardened spot; thickening
of periosteum; a knotty nodular condition it remains sore; slow repair;
a lump in the periosteum that has existed for months or years; sensitive
and sore and nodular.
- Sprains- lameness after an ankle sprain; sprained with dislocated
feeling; foot turns under from weak ankle; [Ruta 6c alternating with Arnica
30c, each 3 times daily].
- Strains- complaints are often brought on from straining the
part; over lifting heavy weights, strains in weight-lifters, overtraining
or overexertion of parts but principally confined to parts that are of
a tendinous character; of aponeurotic fibers and white fibrous tissue;
of the flexor tendons especially; flexor tendons that are overtrained by
Joint Dislocation- from injury, joint weakness, injured flexor
tendons, or lifting; shoulder, knees, ankles, wrists, finger first joint;
cartilage and periosteum (fibrous connective tissue covering bones) are
inflamed and painful; stiffness of the joint; to promote healing [30c every
Joint, Muscle, and
- Inflammation- chronic and acute; bruised and rheumatic; bursitis;
with lameness; of hip and elbow on stretching out limb; pain on bending
limb and while lying down.
- Repetitive Stress Injury- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from repetitive
motion injury to wrist; wrist action especially in typists and computer
keyboard work, or continuous videos game playing (including in children),
also cramps in musicians, piano or violin players; overtrained muscles
from overexertion or repetitious motion leading to inflammatory condition,
especially if area feel hot to touch; pain in fingers and in thumb when
lifting; wrist and hand pain, sprains, spasms, rheumatic, broken, paralysis,
sprained, cramps, dislocated feeling, lameness, stiffness; ganglion on
back of wrist; bruised pain and chronic joint inflammation; chronic articular
rheumatism of wrists and other small joints; bursitis of hand joints; drawing
pain in fingers, elbow when extending arm, and upper arm biceps.
- Flexor Tendons- affected by contracture; foot is flexed and
unusable; hand is drawn up and fixed like a claw.
- Lameness- after sprains and strains; knee lameness; chronic
knee injuries and inflammation; knee sprains; bursitis of knee with inflamed
swollen bursa better from cold applications; knees give way going up or
- Arthritis- in area of the large joints where tendons connect
to the bone; rheumatic pain.
- Bursitis- of joints, fingers, right wrist, knees.
- Tendinitis- Flexor tendons injury, strain, sprain; pain especially
thighs and wrist; trauma to ligament and tendons; hardened mass of tissue
in the tendons like a bursa; tennis elbow recurrent; flexor tendon
- Ankle Problems- burning pain in bones, outer ankle bone when
standing; pulsating pain in anterior part; weakness of ankle, foot turns
- Leg Weakness- legs give out on rising from a chair the patient
totters and makes several efforts on rising from a seat; feel incapable
of supporting when walking; hamstrings feel shortened and weak, especially
going up or down stairs; leg pains with weakness and easily fatigued.
- Pain- of feet in bones, burning pain, rheumatic (more in tendons
than muscles); pain when stepping; sore bruised feet, while standing and
walking; soles painful, sore, raw, tender; stitching in back of foot extending
upward; tearing pain in big toe is worse from pressure; achilles tendon
pain in heel.
- Sciatica- severest form with bruised and tearing pains that
shoot, dart, and shift, starting in the back and going down the hips and
thighs; more comfortable during the day, but aggravated as soon lying down
at night; on beginning to move, when ascending and descending; worse from
cold, wet weather, and at night.
Before and after surgery on a joint to reduce the pain and speed healing;
[30c and alternate with Arnica]. (also see: Dental and