Don't miss the
the all new
2700 IMAGES AND GROWING
Hall of Fame #015
Click for details
SUBMIT IMAGES FOR DISPLAY ON SCURK
|Before adding images to the portions of SCURK MOUNTAIN I have found it necessary to convert the SCURKS to a more or less standard format. With nearly 2000 images to keep track of, I must use a predicable file naming system, force backgrounds of each image so they appear attractively on the pages, and most importantly, make sure those to be used in SimCity 2000, the game, fit the 128 x 256 size dictated by SimCity 2000. In addition I at least attempt to identify the author of images, and determine the correct tile base size for each. The images are then grouped accordingly. Please see COULD YOU HELP? section before submitting your images. |
COULD YOU HELP?
YES, the authors of images could help greatly if when possible they would do the following.
- leave the images in the 128 x 256 size, as they were when exported from scurk.
- used file names that include your initials, name, size of image, etc
- either leave the backgrounds in SCURK Blue,as when exported or use pure black, or pure white for backgrounds. Keep in mind that I usually display the images with black backgrounds, so do not draw the edges of your image in pure black, or it will disappear into the background. It is a good idea if you try your image with a black background before submitting. That way, you can see if the image displays correctly as it will appear on SCURK Mountain.
- Do not send me complete .mif or .til sets, unless all the images contained within are drawings you have drawn or modified significantly yourself. There is no way for me to tell which is yours.
- Collections of .gif, .bmp, and .jpg files are easier to process than those in complete .mif and .til sets. I process all available .gifs, .bmp and .jpg collections before getting to .mif and .til sets. Mif and Til sets can take years before I get to them. Til and mif sets require me to boot each one separately into scurk, export each file one at a time, name each file and force them to be sent to my desired files, then convert them from .pcx or .bmp to .gif formats. This takes a lot more time and only is done with highest quality images after other images have been processed and published.
- If you see I have credited your images to someone else, please let me know. Do not claim images as your own simply because you have added minor features like changing a few windows, shrubs, etc.
- Keep in mind that while I am glad to receive any images you send for consideration for placement in the library, or for nominations to the Hall of Fame, the images must meet the criteria of that group. The easier the images are to convert to the pages of this site, the quicker they will be posted. I work with easier to process and the higher quality images first, and do the best I can to process them all.
- Listing my working files on this page is sort of an experiment. Once the images are in place here, they must be processed as listed above, and checked to see if there are duplications. In the meantime, feel free to browse this page and use the images you want in your games. You should check with the author before posting images on your web pages.
- If you see an image on this page, that is your original production, and you do not wish to have it posted on these pages, please let me know and I will remove it. The images on this page may include images I have found on the internet, or images that others have sent me. If the images have been created by you and you do not want them posted, just let me know. When making comments about any image, try to refer to its current file name, as used here in the library.
[BACK TO TOP OF PAGE]